Many visitors to the United States are concerned about public safety and certain precautions should be taken. It is usually a good idea to ask a local for advice about which areas are safe and which areas you should avoid.
Here are a few pieces of advice to keep you safe in Los Angeles:
• You should not walk alone at night, even on campus
• When traveling, you are not advised to carry large sums of money or valuables
• You should not hitchhike or pick-up hitchhikers
• You should only accept rides in taxis or with people you know
• You should familiarize yourself with the campus security office and their services