Tax Assistance

Jump to Section


Federal Forms

  • Form 1040NR-EZ: Short form version of the Form 1040NR for non-residents who have received any income that appears on a W-2, 1042-S, or other supplemental income forms.
  • Form 8843 : Statement for Exempt Individuals and required for all non-resident students and scholars, even if they did not receive any U.S. income from employment, fellowship, scholarship, or any other U.S. sources.

State Forms

  • Form 540NR (Short) : Short form version of the 540NR for non-residents that have any California-sourced income and their income from all sources is more than the filing requirement amount for residents.

UCLA Resources

UCLA Payroll Services

UCLA Tax Services

Graduate Division



Internal Revenue Services (IRS):

California Franchise Tax Board (FTB):